Bennett Cabin

Discussion and information on how you can help out.
ddurst

Bennett Cabin

Postby ddurst » 26 Jan 2015, 14:35

Doug Macintosh and I (Dan Durst) have volunteered to adopt the Bennett Cabin this year. We made the trek to Bennett cabin to find that everything is in excellent condition. We are hoping to begin to clear trees and branches on the trails in the near future. Let us know if you have any suggestions.
Dan
Doug

Re: Bennett Cabin

Postby Doug » 10 Feb 2017, 04:56

The first ski tracks this year on the complete Bennett cabin trail were made on February 1st 2017 by Karina and Enzo and myself.
We lost and re-found the trail a few times due to tree falls and underbrush, and losing sight of the old trail markers.

A few days later on February 5th 2017 I skied it again, this time staying on the original trail almost all the time. I had to detour in a couple of places where high winds had caused extensive tree falls.

Some other skiers have followed. The cabin remains in excellent shape following upgrades made by Dan Durst and myself in the past 2 years. It would be great to see the trail improved with some chainsaw work, and a few additional tree blaze markers.

Ski happily! Doug MacIntosh
marcus

Re: Bennett Cabin

Postby marcus » 11 Dec 2017, 21:57

Hello Doug,
Thanks for your work on the cabin over the past few years, and for initiating trail maintenance this year! I visited the cabin myself a few weeks ago and noticed that the steps to the porch need replacing. Is this already on your to-do list? If not, I'm planning to walk in again from JL Road for a north-south ski on Saturday, and plan to bring my tape measure and perhaps even some lumber. Let me know your thoughts!
Marcus

Return to “Volunteering”