The Best Cross-Country Skiing in the Kawarthas!
- Located just 40 minutes north of Peterborough, and 2 hours from Toronto
- Groomed ski trails, including 34 km of classic trails and 13.5 km of skating trails; plus 10 km of wilderness trails
- New for 2014/2015, a 2.5 km lit trail for night skiing!
- Snowshoe trail following a 10 km loop through beautiful Canadian Shield terrain
- Four picturesque trail-side cabins equipped with wood stoves and first-aid equipment
- Patrolled on weekends by the Canadian Ski Patrol
- Beautiful trails in a wilderness setting
- Fantastic accommodations in the area—make a weekend of it!
- Both classic and skate skis available for rent from local nordic retailers
- Exciting educational programs for skiers of all ages and abilities
- Pay-and-Display day passes available at the trails
- Yearly memberships available
- Sorry, no dogs are allowed on the trails
Check out the October 2014 newsletter !!
Program and Membership Registration
Membership registration for the 2014/2015 season is open! Please see the membership or program pages for more information or click the button below to register online through Zone4. Note: rates increase on December 1st. Purchase your membership today and save!
Looking for used or new nordic ski equipment? Check out these ski swaps and local retailers Or, post a note to the KNSC Buy/Sell Forum or the KNSC Facebook page with details on what equipment you're looking to buy or sell.
Adventure Outfitters, Lakefield
Buy or sell used equipment - sale extends into the winter. We accept used skis, boots and poles on a consignment basis.
Trips and Trails Adventure Outfitting, Bancroft
Wild Rock Outfitters, Peterborough
Gear swap Saturday November 8th 10 am. Bring in your used Nordic Ski and Snowboard gear the week of Nov 3 – 7 (before 6pm) to sell at the Swap. Sell for 100% store credit or 80% cash back.
No Turning Back
|Devil's Elbow Racing Club is hosting the Warren Miller film 'No Turning Back'
What: 2014 Warren Miller Ski and Snowboard Film "No Turning Back"
Where: Showplace Theatre - Peterborough
When: Friday, November 28th, 2014 (7:00 PM)
Why: Portion of Proceeds to Devil's Elbow Racing Club for purchase of additional safety equipment
Tickets: $15 - Available at Devil's Elbow Ski and Snowboard Shop (Parnell's), Devil's Elbow Open House November 1st & 2nd, Wild Rock Outfitters Peterborough, Online
Ontario Trillium Foundation
New!! The Kawartha Nordic Ski Club gratefully acknowledges the financial support of the Ontario Trillium Foundation. The Foundation, an agency of the Ministry of Culture, receives $100 million annually in government funding. Thanks to their generous grant to Kawartha Nordic approved in 2014, we are embarking on an exciting new phase for the club. Trillium Funding will support installation of accessible washrooms and lighting for a 2.5 km loop trail. We are also hiring four positions including groomer, day lodge attendant, head coach and youth program coordinator.
Donations to Kawartha Nordic are appreciated and will help support youth programs, facility upgrades and other improvements. Donations are tax deductable (through Sport IS Development Fund Registered Charitable # BN 88938 6868 RR0001) and may be mailed with cheque to: Kawartha Nordic Ski Club PO Box 1371, Peterborough ON K9J 7H6 or donate online.