The Best Cross-Country Skiing in the Kawarthas!
- Located just 40 minutes north of Peterborough, and 2 hours from Toronto
- Groomed ski trails, including 34 km of classic trails and 13.5 km of skating trails; plus 10 km of wilderness trails
- New snowshoe trail following a 10 km loop through beautiful Canadian Shield terrain
- Four picturesque trail-side cabins equipped with wood stoves and first-aid equipment
- Patrolled on weekends by the Canadian Ski Patrol
- Beautiful trails in a wilderness setting
- Fantastic accommodations in the area—make a weekend of it!
- Both classic and skate skis available for rent from local nordic retailers
- Exciting educational programs for skiers of all ages and abilities
- Pay-and-Display day passes available at the trails
- Yearly memberships available
- Sorry, no dogs are allowed on the trails
Membership registration for the 2013/2014 season is open. For more details and to register online please click here.
Looking for used or new nordic ski equipment? Check out these ski swaps and local retailers Or, post a note to the KNSC Buy/Sell Forum or the KNSC Facebook page with details on what equipment you're looking to buy or sell.
Adventure Outfitters, Lakefield
Ski swap Nov 9 - 17th. Drop off equipment - Nov 8, 2013
Sold equipment = 80% cash back or 100% store credit.
Trips and Trails Adventure Outfitting, Bancroft
Wild Rock Outfitters, Peterborough
Gear swap Saturday November 9th 10 am. Bring in your used Nordic Ski and Snowboard gear the week of Nov 4th – Nov 8th (before 6pm) to sell at the Swap. Sell for 100% store credit or 80% cash back.
Canadian Ski Patrol System Ski Swap, Pickering
Drop off equipment - Nov 1, 2013 - 5:00-9:30pm and Nov 2, 2013 9:00am-5:00pm
Sale: Nov 1, 2013 - 5:00-9:30pm, Nov 2, 2013 - 9:00am-6:00pm, Nov 3, 2013 110:00am-3:00pm. Located at the Pickering Recreation Centre. Fundraiser for the Canadian Ski Patrol System, Kawartha Zone.
Check out the October 2013 newsletter !!
Ontario Trillium Foundation
The Kawartha Nordic Ski Club gratefully acknowledges the financial support of the Ontario Trillium Foundation. The Foundation, an agency of the Ministry of Culture, receives $100 million annually in government funding. Thanks to their generous grant, we were able to make trail improvements to allow for skate skiing. In addition, we have purchased new grooming equipment to help with trail maintenance.