The Best Cross-Country Skiing in the Kawarthas!
- Located just 40 minutes north of Peterborough, and 2 hours from Toronto
- Groomed ski trails, including 34 km of classic trails and 13.5 km of skating trails; plus 10 km of wilderness trails
- New snowshoe trail following a 10 km loop through beautiful Canadian Shield terrain
- Four picturesque trail-side cabins equipped with wood stoves and first-aid equipment
- Patrolled on weekends by the Canadian Ski Patrol
- Beautiful trails in a wilderness setting
- Fantastic accommodations in the area—make a weekend of it!
- Both classic and skate skis available for rent from local nordic retailers
- Exciting educational programs for skiers of all ages and abilities
- Pay-and-Display day passes available at the trails
- Yearly memberships available
- Sorry, no dogs are allowed on the trails
Kawartha Nordic is Hiring
Kawartha Nordic is seeking applications for the following positions for the 2014/2015 season. Please see the job notices for details and email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or to apply.
- Head Coach - October 2014 to March 2015
- Youth Program Coordinator - October 2014 to March 2015 (**job posting extended to October 1)
- Groomer - December 2014 to March 2015
- Day Lodge Attendant - December 2014 to March 2015
Kitchen Party - Save the Date!
The Kitchen Party is back! Save the date on November 15 for a great evening of music and food. Hosted again at the Canadian Canoe Museum, this year's party will feature singer/song writer Melissa Payne and of course some great silent auction items. More details and info on tickets will be posted shortly
Program and Membership Registration
Youth program and membership registration for the 2014/2015 season will begin in early October. Please check back here for details.
Ontario Trillium Foundation
New!! The Kawartha Nordic Ski Club gratefully acknowledges the financial support of the Ontario Trillium Foundation. The Foundation, an agency of the Ministry of Culture, receives $100 million annually in government funding. Thanks to their generous grant to Kawartha Nordic approved in 2014, we are embarking on an exciting new phase for the club. Trillium Funding will support installation of accessible washrooms and lighting for a 2.5 km loop trail. We are also hiring four positions including groomer, day lodge attendant, head coach and youth program coordinator.