We are gearing up for a great Family Day weekend of fun at Kawartha Nordic! This holiday means so much to us, as bringing families together for quality time is one of the pillars of our organization.
Excitement aside, we want to ensure the safety of all of our visitors at KN, and ask that all vistors remind themselves of our COVID Safety Plan.
In particular, please note that under the Provincial stay-at-home Order still in effect in our region, the Province has stated
"You should not travel outside your region or the province unless absolutely necessary."
For the safety of all of us at Kawartha Nordic and yourselves we ask that you please not travel from outside of your region to visit Kawartha Nordic.
Although we would love to see and welcome everyone, this is the only way we can ensure safety for all and do our part in controlling this pandemic.
We are also expecting a good turnout of skiers this weekend.
- Please consider skiing either in the early morning or late afternoon to avoid the busy mid-day times.
- In the instance that our parking lot is completely full, we will unfortunately be forced to start turning people away.
- We will be posting our capacity and potential closure on our social media channels so please check Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram before visiting this weekend.
- We will also have parking attendants on site to guide vehicles to spots and ensure there are no large gaps between cars.
- In addition, under no circumstance should any visitor park on the highway, as it is extremely dangerous for pedestrians and other cars.
Although we will do our best so that everyone can get a chance to hit the trails, it wouldn't hurt to come with a backup plan, just in case!