Thank you for your patience, as we coordinate all the details, volunteers, and legislative requirements for our Youth Skill Development Programs.
We are going to go ahead with starting the Jackrabbit, Bunnyrabbit, Track Attack, & Jack Attack programs this Saturday, Feb 20!
Our program will span 4 weeks on Saturdays 20-Feb, 27-Feb, 6-Mar, & 13-Mar.
** Note: due to the Peterborough Public Health moving to the Control (Red) zone, our final session on March 13 is cancelled.
Please take a moment to review a few reminders:
- Morning sessions are 10am-noon, except for Bunnyrabbits which are 10am-11am
- Afternoon sessions are 1-3pm, except for Bunnyrabbits which are 1-2pm
- No buildings will be available, and no snacks/drinks will be served
- Sessions may be cancelled due to weather or unsafe ski conditions, or changing pandemic expectations
- Please complete the COVID Screening questionnaire with your child before travelling to KN each Saturday
- Please ensure your child has gone to the bathroom before joining their group
- Skiers will need extra gloves, in case they become contaminated with bodily fluids
- All groups need to be kept small and separate, so please drop-off/pick-up your child and quickly move away to make room for other parents to do the same. This will necessitate ensuring each child's equipment is on and they are ready to go, before you approach your child's group
- Everyone joining a group or doing a drop-off/pick-up must be masked at that time
- To keep groups small, and other groups from forming, please do not linger or socialize in the stadium area before, after, or during sessions
- Finally, please review our KN Safe Return-to-Sport plan with your child, so they understand the details of all expectations
Youth Programs including Bunnyrabbits, Jackrabbits, Jack Attack, and Track Attack focus on skills and fun! For children from age 4 to 12, these programs are scheduled for 8 weeks in January and February on Saturdays.
New this year: to reduce crowding morning (10am to noon) and afternoon (1-3pm) sessions will be offered for Bunnyrabbits, Jackrabbits and Track Attack. The Jack Attack program will run only in the afternoon (1-3pm)
The main focus of all our youth lessons is fun on the snow. Within each program we aim to address the needs of beginner and experienced skiers, sometimes in separate groups.
Please check your email for more details from the Communications and Volunteer Coordinator.
Be sure to review the Covid-19 protocols for this ski season in the Return-to-Sport plan before you register and before each session.